Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur (VNIT N).
Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur (VNIT) was established in 1960 as a joint venture of Government of India and Government of Maharashtra. The college has made steady progress during the past four decades of its existence. Established as a pace setting Institute of Technical Education imparting undergraduate education, it has played a leading role in guiding other engineering colleges in Maharashtra.
Earlier, the Institute was known as Visvesvaraya Regional College of Engineering (VRCE). It was established in the year 1960 under the scheme sponsored by Govt. of India and Govt. of Maharashtra. The college was started in June 1960 by amalgamating the State Govt. Engineering College functioning at Nagpur since July 1956. In the meeting held in October 1962, the Governing Board of the College resolved to name it after the eminent engineer, planner, and statesman of the country Sir M.Visvesvaraya
College Infrastructure :
The Institute has a well equipped library, a computer centre, lecture hall complex, Seminar halls, various laboratories in different departments, Mechanical Lab, Workshop, Hydraulic Lab, Material Sci. Lab, Computer Centre, workshops, Industry Institute interaction cell, hostels, health care centre, and adequate facilities for sports, games and co-curricular activities..