Leather is a material created through the tanning of hides,
pelts and skins of animals, primarily cows. Leather is a
very important clothing material, and its other uses are
legion. Together with wood, leather formed the basis of
much ancient technology. Leather with the fur still attached
is simply called fur.
of Leather Technology Institutions In India
1. Alagappa College of Technology, Guindy, Chennai-600
025, Tamil Nadu.
2. Anna University, Guindy, Chennai-600 025, Tamil Nadu.
3. Bharat Institute of Science & Technology, 173, Agharam
Road, Selaiyur PO, Chennai-600 073, Tamil Nadu.
4. Central Foodwear Training Centre, 65/1, GST Road, Guindy,
Chennai-600 032, Tamil Nadu.
5. Central Footwear Training Centre, 428, Kaushalpur, Agra-282
6. Central Foorwear Training Institute (govt. of India,
Min of Industry), Vikas Sheel Bharat Compound, Transport
Nagar, Agra-282 002.
7. Central Leather Research Institute, Adayar, Chennai-600
020, Temil Nadu.
8. College of Engineering, Guindy, Chennai-600 025, TN.
9. College of Leather Technology, LB-Block, Sector III,
Salt Lake City, Calcutta-700 091.
10. Dr. B.R. Ambedkhar Regional Engineering College, P.O.
REC, Jalandhar-144 011.
11. Foorwear Design and Development Institute, D-2, Sector
10, NOIDA-201 301, Uttar Pradesh.
12. Harcourt Butler Technological Institute, Kanpur-2.
13. Institute of Government Leather Working School, Kherwadi,
Bandra (E), Mumbai-400 051.
14. Muzaffarpur Institute of Technology, Muzaffarpur-842
15. National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), Hauz
Khas, New Delhi 110 016.
16. NSIC Technical Service Centre, The National Small Industries
Corporation Ltd. (GOI Enterprise), B-24, Guindy Industrial
Estate; Ekkaduthungal (P.O.), Chennai-600 097, Tamil Nadu.
17. Priyadarshini Engineering College, Anna Salai, Konamedu,