ICAR’s 17th All India Entrance Examination (AIEEA-UG-2012) (AIEEA-PG-2012)
ICAR’s 17th All India Entrance Examination For Admission To Bachelor (AIEEA-UG-2012) And Master (AIEEA-PG-2012) Degree Programs In Agriculture And Allied Sciences At Agricultural Universities For 2012-13
The Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) invites applications from Indian Nationals, in the prescribed format, for ICAR’s 17th AIEEA-UG-2012 and AIEEA-PG-2012 on 100% seats at ICAR-Deemed Universities (Bachelor degree at NDRI Karnal only while Master degrees at IARI, IVRI, NDRI and CIFE), and on 15% seats (tentative) for Bachelor degrees and 25% seats (tentative) for Master degrees at State Agricultural Universities, Central Agricultural University Imphal, Central Universities with Agricultural Faculty (Banaras Hindu University, Viswa Bharati, Nagaland University and Aligarh Muslim University (for PG only) and SHIATS Allahabad for the academic session 2012-13. Bachelor Degree programmes (viz. B.Sc./B.Tech./B.F.Sc. etc.) are in the subjects of Agriculture, Horticulture, Fisheries, Forestry, Home Science, Sericulture, Biotechnology, Agricultural Engineering, Dairy Technology, Food Science, Agricultural Marketing, Banking & Co-operation Master’s Degree programmes are in the field of Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, Agri. Engineering, Home Science, Biotechnology, Physical Sciences, Social Sciences, Dairy Technology, Fisheries, Veterinary, and allied sciences. Based on the results of AIEEA-UG-2012 examination, National Talent Scholarships (NTS) will be awarded to Bachelor degree students whereas based on the merit-rank in AIEEA-PG-2012 examination, 475 ICAR-Junior Research Fellowships(JRF) will be awarded to Master's degree students. (This examination does not include admission to Bachelor degree programmes in Veterinary Sciences.)
The procedure for online application, which is being introduced for the first time, has been described in the Information Bulletin. This year the applications will be received, both Online and Offline. For receiving application Online, a new provision has been kept to deposit the application fee either through Bank challan of Syndicate Bank or credit/debit card using Payment Gateway of Syndicate Bank.
Additional details can be seen in the respective Information Bulletins click here.
Dates of Examination:
UG: Saturday, the 14th April 2012 during 10:00-12:30 hrs
PG: Sunday, the 15th April 2012 during 10:00-12:30 hrs
Sale of Information Bulletin/Application Forms: 26th December 2011 to 15th February 2012
Must have passed and obtained not less than 50% marks in aggregate for admission under General, UPS and OBC categories or 40% marks in aggregate for admission under SC, ST and PH categories in 10+2 examination or equivalent/Inter (Agriculture) with PCM/ PCB/ PCMB/ PCA/ PCH subject combinations. Candidate having a compartment/ supplementary in any of the subjects will not be eligible unless proof of having cleared the examination with requisite percentage is available. Candidate appearing for 10+2 examination can also apply but shall produce 10+2 pass certificate with required % marks at the time of counseling. Pass in English in 10+2 examination is essential for admission in some of the Universities.
Bachelor’s degree (or appearing in final year examination), in the field of Agriculture, Veterinary, Agricultural Engineering, Fisheries, Horticulture, Home Science, Sericulture, Dairy Technology, Dairy Engineering, Forestry, Agri. Marketing Banking and Cooperation, Food Science & Technology, Biotechnology, Process & Food Engineering, Computer Science, Basic and allied sciences under 10+2+5 or 10+2+4 years degree programmes, (Few seats are also available for candidates having Bachelor degree with 10+2+3 year degree programme) with required Overall Grade Point Average (OGPA) of 6.60/10, 3.25/5, 2.60/4 for General, OBC and UPS categories whereas for SC/ST/Physically Handicapped (PH) categories the said requirement is an OGPA of 5.60/10, 2.75/5, 2.20/4 respectively. In other cases, where grade-points are not awarded and only marks are awarded, the candidate must have secured at least 60% marks for General, OBC and UPS categories whereas for SC/ST/PH the requirement is 50% marks (Equivalence between OGPA and % marks will not be acceptable). For admission in M.V.Sc. programmes, the candidate must have completed B.V.Sc. / B.V.Sc. & A.H. with Internship before the date of registration for admission in the concerned University. The in-service candidates, seeking admission to ICAR-Deemed universities, should see their respective website.
National Talent Scholarship (NTS) is awarded to candidates selected through AIEEA-UG- 2012 examination and if joining an Agricultural University located outside their state of domicile.
ICAR-JRF(Post Graduate Studies)(PGS):
Based on the merit in the AIEEA-PG-2011 examination, about 475 ICAR-Junior Research Fellowships for postgraduate studies (ICARJRF( PGS)) in 20 major subject groups are awarded for two years in Agricultural Universities including State Agricultural Universities, CAU and CUs with agriculture faculty, SHIATS Allahabad and ICAR-DUs, provided their Bachelor degree is not from the same AU (except NDRI Karnal).That means JRF will be given to only those candidates who join the Master degree programme in the University other than from where he/she has obtained his/her Bachelor’s degree except at NDRI, Karnal where admissions for 100% seats are made on All India basis through ICAR Entrance Examination. Candidates, currently studying for their Master’s degree in 1st year, can also appear in AIEEA-PG-2011 examination for securing ICAR-JRF (PGS). However, if a ICAR-JRF (PGS) holder seeks fresh admission, entire amount of fellowship received by him/her shall have to be refunded with interest and he/she will not be entitled for fresh ICAR-JRF (PGS).
15% seats in all subjects are reserved for candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes (SC) and 7.5% for Scheduled Tribes (ST). Horizontal reservation of 3% for Physically Handicapped (PH) and 2% for Under-Privileged States (UPS) category is also available. Reservation for OBC in Central Educational Institutions/ Universities will be as per Government of India/ Hon'ble SC directives/ University rules. Reservation in PH and UPS categories will be horizontal across all categories, i.e. such candidates would draw their seat from the SC/ST/OBC/GEN categories to which they may belong.
For AIEEA-UG-2012: Between 17 and 23 years as on 31st August 2012. (UG Examination) (Must have been born between 01.09.1989 to 01.09.1995)
For AIEEA-PG-2012: Not less than 19 years as on 31st August 2012. (PG Examination) (Must not have been born after 01.09.1993)
Question Paper for AIEEA-UG-2012:
There will be only one question paper consisting of 180 multiple-choice objective type questions, in Physics, Chemistry and Biology (or Agriculture) for “STREAM–A” and Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics for “STREAM–B”. The question paper will be in ENGLISH and HINDI.
Question Paper for AIEEA-PG-2012: There will be only one question paper in each major subject group consisting of 150 multiple choice, objective type questions, and also 10 cross-matching type questions.
Rs. 600/- for General, OBC and UPS categories and Rs. 300/- for S.C., S.T. and P.H. categories In addition, Rs. 25/- per Bulletin would be charged as handling charges plus service tax as applicable, in case of purchase against cash, whereas Rs. 50/- per Bulletin should be added in the Bank Draft amount towards postal expenses, if requested to be sent by post.
Sources for Availability of Information Bulletin with Application Form: The forms can be obtained by cash payment from Registrars of Agricultural Universities or from the specified branches of Syndicate Bank and also from eight ICAR Institutions by payment through Bank Draft from 26 December 2011 to 15 February 2012.
FROM AGRICULTURAL UNIVERSITIES: (On Payment by Cash):
The Information Bulletins with Application Forms will be available for sale against Cash Payment from the Offices of the Registrars of Agricultural Universities viz.,
(1) AAU Anand (Gujarat), (2) AAU Jorhat (Assam), (3) ANGRAU Hyderabad (A.P.),
(4) AP Hort. Univ. Venkataramannagudem (A.P.), ( 5) AMU Aligarh (UP),(6) Bihar Agricultural University, Sabour, Bhagalpur (Bihar),
(7) BAU Ranchi (Jharkhand),(8) BCKKV Mohanpur, Nadia (W.B.), (9) CAU Imphal (Manipur),
(10) CCSHAU Hisar (Haryana), (11) CSAUA&T Kanpur (U.P.), (12) CSKKVV Palampur (H.P),
(13) Dr. BSKKV Dapoli (M.S.), (14) Dr. PDKV Akola (M.S.), (15) Dr. YSPUH&F Solan (H.P.),
(16) GADVASU Ludhiana (Punjab), (17) GBPUA&T Pantnagar (Uttarakhand),
(18) Institute of Agriculture, BHU Varanasi (UP), (19) IGKVV Raipur (Chhattisgarh), (20) JAU Junagadh (Gujarat), (21) JNKVV, Jabalpur (M.P.),
(22) KAU Thrissur (Kerala), (23) KVAFSU Bidar (Karnataka), (24) MA&FSU Nagpur (M.S.),
(25) MPPCVVV Jabalpur (M.P.), (26) MPUA&T Udaipur (Rajasthan), (27) MPKV Rahuri (M.S.),
(28) MAU Parbhani (M.S.), (29) NAU Navsari (Gujarat), (30) NDUA&T Faizabad (U.P.),
(31) OUA&T Bhubaneswar (Orissa), (32) PAU Ludhiana (Punjab), (33) PSB Sriniketan, Viswa Bharati (West Bengal),
(34) RAU Pusa, Samastipur (Bihar), (35) RUVAS Bikaner (Rajasthan), (36) RVSKVV Gwalior, (M.P.),
(37) SASARD, Nagaland University, Medziphema (Nagaland), (38) SHIATS Allahabad (UP), (39) SKDAU Sardarkrushinagar (Gujarat),
(40) SKRAU Bikaner (Rajasthan), (41) SKUAS&T Jammu (J&K), (42) SKUAS&T(K) Srinagar (J&K),
(43) SVBPUA&T Meerut (U.P.), (44) SVV Tirupati (AP), (45) TANUVAS Chennai (T.N.),
(46) TNAU Coimbatore (T.N.), (47) UAS, GKVK, Bangaluru (Karnataka), (48) UAS Dharwad (Karnataka),
(49) UAS Raichur (Karnataka), (50) UHS Bagalkot (Karnataka), (51) UPPDDUPCVVVEGAS, Mathura (U.P.),
(52) UBKVV Cooch Behar (W.B.), (53) WBUAFS Kolkata (W.B.), (54) KUFOS, Kochi (Kerala),
(55) KVASU, Wayanad (Kerala) (These Universities will not entertain any request for Information Bulletin to be sent by post)
FROM SYNDICATE BANK BRANCHES: (On Payment by Cash through challan)
(a) AIEEA-UG-2012: Andhra Pradesh:
(1) D.No. 40-3-2, M.G. Road, Labbipet, Vijayawada.
(2) 5-9-246/1, Opp. Grammar School, Abid Road, Hyderabad.
(3) 135, Motilal Nehru Road, Pan Bazar, Distt. Kamrup, Guwahati.
(4) 23, Choti Kalyani Road, Near Kalyani Post office, Muzaffarpur,
(5) Capital Tower, Block-B, Fraser Road, Patna,
(6) Opp. Mount Carmel School, Sector–47, Chandigarh,
(7) Maurya Picture Complex, G.E. Road, Bhilai.
(8) 113, Smt. Surjadevi Shukla Camp, Near Deshbandhu School, Station Road, Raipur.
(9) Samrudhi, G.H.–4, Sector–16, Gandhinagar.
(10) Sant Palace, Purani Mandi, Jammu.
(11) No. I, Exchange Road, Srinagar.
(12) C-1, City Centre, Sector 4, Bokaro Steel City.
(13) Karnataka University Campus, Pavate Nagar, Dharwad,
(14) 66, 9th Main Road, 3rd Block, Jaynagar, Bengaluru.
(15) I-Floor, M.S. City Centre, Bank Road, Kasaragod.
(16) 102/103, Kalachand Mansion, Berasia Road, Bhopal.
(17) Moti Market, Jayendraganj, Lashkar, Gwalior.
(18) 31-1, Nanda Nagar, Main Road, Indore.
(19) Prakash Apartments, Plot No. CIS-2410, SVP Road, Borivli West, Mumbai.
(20) Ward No. 14, Nandi Sahi, P.O.– Choudhary Bazar, Cuttack.
(21) Kannan Building, Maidan Road, Mahe.
(22) Near Hotel Sky Lark, Model Town Road, Jalandhar City.
(23) Jaipur Towers, MI Road, Jaipur,
(24) 68, Old Dhan Mandi, Sarovar Cinema Road, Kota.
(25) Door No. 24, 1st Floor, Sardar Patel Road, Adyar, Chennai.
(26) 45, Rajpur Road, Dehradun,
(27) Shakti Motors Complex, Kaladhungi Road, Mukahani, Haldwani.
(28) Garib Manjil, Abad Nagar, Dodhpur Civil Lines, Aligarh,
(29) 167-A, Civil Lines, Bareilly,
(30) B-16-17, Sector–18, Noida, Gautam Budh Nagar,
(31) 177/035 Zamir Mansion, Dr. B.N. Road, Opp. Gulmarg Hotel, Aminabad, Luck now,
(32) Chandrasekhar Azad market, 1st Floor, Sardar Patel Marg, Civil Lines, Allahabad,
(33) B-I-B, Officers Colony, Sarvodaya Nagar, Kanpur.
(34) 1, Parcus Road, G.T. Road Cross, 1 WG, Burdwan,
(35) 42, G.T. Road (South), Howrah.
AIEEA-UG-2012 and AIEEA-PG-2012: (On Payment by Cash through challan) NEW DELHI
(1) 1st Floor, Arunachal Building, 19, Barakhamba Road,
(2) Delhi Tamil Sangam Building, Sector 5, R.K. Puram,
(3) Institute of Hotel Management, Amar Colony, Near Guru Nanak Market, Lajpat Nagar
(4) Pusa Campus Main Branch, IARI, Pusa.
(These branches will not entertain any request for Information Bulletin to be sent by Post)
FROM ICAR INSTITUTIONS (By Depositing Bank Draft Only): Information Bulletin with Application Form can be obtained, in person, by depositing an account payee bank draft from any scheduled bank of amount mentioned above and from the sale counters at the following ICAR Institutions:
(i) CARI, Port Blair,
(ii) CIFE, Mumbai,
(iii) IVRI, Izatnagar
(iv) NAARM, Rajendranagar, Hyderabad,
(v) NDRI, Karnal; ICAR,
(vi) Research Complex for NEH Region, Umiam, Meghalaya;
(vii) ICAR Research Complex for Goa, Ela, Old Goa and
(viii) ICARExamination Cell (Education Division), Room No. 216, ICAR, KAB-II, Pusa, New Delhi.
Candidates can also obtain Information Bulletin with Application Form by sending a written request (on plain paper) along with an Account Payee Bank draft of the amount specified at Sl. (9) above and also an unstamped self addressed envelope (size 30cm x 25cm). The request should be addressed to: “The Controller of Examination (Education), Room No. 216, ICAR, Krishi Anusandhan Bhavan-II, Pusa, New Delhi-110012." No request for supply of Information Bulletin by post will be accepted after 10th February 2012.
Online Application Form & Information Bulletin:
For Online application and downloading Information Bulletin visit http://www.icar.org.inThe A/c payee bank draft should be drawn in favour of “ICAR Unit - Education Division, ICAR, New Delhi” payable at “New Delhi” and candidate should write the details of his/ her name and address on the back of the Bank Draft. It may be checked that the Bank Draft contains the name of the issuing bank and branch, signature of the issuing authority, amount in words, date of draft etc. clearly. In no case, ICAR will be held responsible for non-receipt of the application and bank draft or delay in postage. Application Form must be sent in original and duly completed in all respect. Photo/ Fax copies of Application and Application on Specimen copy of the Form shall not be considered. Incomplete/ Unsigned/ Mutilated Application Form or/ Form without Photograph/ with unclear Photograph/ Form having overwriting/ without requisite fee amount or amount lesser than prescribed fee shall be summarily rejected and no correspondence in this regard shall be entertained. General /OBC/UPS category candidate applying on Form meant for SC/ ST/PH category shall be summarily rejected. Keep a photocopy of the filled Application with you along with receipt of the Speed/ Registered Post.
The last date for the receipt of Applications in the office of “The Controller of Examinations (Education), Room No. 216, ICAR, Krishi Anusandhan Bhavan-II, Pusa, New Delhi–110012" for both UG and PG examinations is 15th February 2012. However for the candidates belonging to certain remote areas viz., Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Jammu & Kashmir, Lahaul & Spiti district and Pangi Sub-division of Chamba district of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman & Nicobar Island and Lakshadweep, the last date of receipt is 22nd February 2012. Applications received after the last date will be summarily rejected and Education Division, ICAR shall not be responsible for non-receipt of applications within the time schedule due to postal delay or any other reasons for delay. It is the sole responsibility of the candidate to check his/her eligibility for admission before applying. ICAR will not be held responsible for refusing admission to any non-eligible candidate at the time of Counseling or later.
All disputes relating to the conduct of these examinations or any matter connected with this advertisement shall be in the jurisdiction of DELHI COURT only.
The candidates are advised to be vigilant about the announcements on the ICAR website as the ICAR would not be held responsible for non-receipt of any information by post or otherwise.